Two books are selected from a small group of well-known classics, and given to freely selected members of the audience. The spectators select any page number they wish in each book and silently read to themselves from the page. Without the performer even being near them or ever touching the books, he then describes in considerable detail what the spectators have just read!
- No additional props involved, the books are the only objects used
- No accomplices, assistants or pre-arrangements
- No electronics of any kind
- No sleight-of-hand required
- Books remain in the hands of the audience
- No "fishing" or equivoque